Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Secret Project



The final few weeks, I was working on a surprise birthday gift for Eric, a skillful friend of mine who only turned fifty this week.  He's e'er been into Star Trek in addition to he's of late adopted a beautiful domestic dog named Tucker.

Clueless Gift-Giver

Whenever I motility thinking of a thoughtful gift for someone, it takes me days of pondering to come upwards up amongst an idea...if I come upwards up amongst something at all.

Fortunately Lisa, or in addition to then other skillful friend of Eric's suggested I brand Tucker a Star Trek domestic dog sweater.

Lisa is incredibly imaginative in addition to the persuasion was brilliant...I had 2 weeks to brand a domestic dog sweater for a domestic dog I had never met...but equally unimaginative equally I am, I tin execute soul else's corking persuasion brilliantly.



I relish Star Trek, but I'm definitely non into it, in addition to then I did or in addition to then googling in addition to came upwards amongst 1 of the master copy Starfleet uniform colors (black in addition to mustard yellow) in addition to likewise came upwards amongst the Starfleet emblem (I didn't realize until this projection that the master copy Starfleet emblems weren't the communicators...I gauge that happened later?).  And almost all of the Starfleet emblems I googled were embroidered.

So...within 2 weeks, I had to knit a domestic dog sweater, guessing the size from photos in addition to practice an embroidered emblem.


It turned out to last a corking success, in addition to a really fun project.  Tucker is immature in addition to energetic, in addition to then the photograph of Eric in addition to Tucker was hard to larn (Tucker wanted to last wearing a wool sweater inwards July almost equally much equally I do).

In illustration anyone is interested, I modified a free Ravelry designing called Candy Corn Dog Sweater past times Jodi Lewanda.  I used the 27" breast size, but made the length from the leg hole to the cervix longer than it looked inwards the photo.  I used Patons worsted wool, in addition to then unfortunately, the garment volition get got to last manus washed.

I likewise used the next graphic to practice the embroidered logo.


Current Knitting

With the completion of the Finish The Dance Cowl, you'd intend I'd become dorsum to the Teddy Bear Baby blanket.  But no...I decided I needed to cast on for a novel twain of slipper socks in addition to likewise to cast on for or in addition to then other Knitted Cross Stitch Scarf.


I've completed the commencement slipper sock of the minute twain in addition to I dearest how the colors work...I dearest it in addition to then much, I'm looking forrard to making the minute slipper sock, in addition to that's non commons for me!


The Knitted Cross Stitch Scarf is almost finished already (I dearest how fast I tin knit these up).


I'm using 2 yarns...a Zauberball sock yarn amongst blacks, browns in addition to silvers in addition to a Madeline Tosh single-ply yarn inwards emeralds.  I'm hopeful that after blocking, the photographic television camera volition alternative upwards how rich in addition to saturated this scarf is amongst fantastic color.

Related Post

Secret Project
4/ 5
Oleh