Friday, October 12, 2018

Everything Nice



Today I'm working to limited entirely the positive.  Perhaps I'll brand that a novel Fri thing.

Relaxing, Loving, Enjoying Life!
Interesting...when y'all endeavour too emphasize positive things, y'all purpose lots of exclamation points...when you're stressing negative things, y'all purpose all caps!

Being a retiree makes activities that I've done for a piece fifty-fifty meliorate too allows me to pick out to practise novel activities every bit well.

Sleeping, eating, exercising, reading too knitting are all things I practise amongst non bad joy too without having to worry near the interference of work, I tin give notice genuinely bask them all.

I larn near vii hours of slumber most nights too volition cause got a nap inwards the afternoon when I experience I haven't had plenty sleep.

Thaddeus does most of the cooking at home, but nosotros don't cause got to purchase pre-prepared nutrient to salvage on time...we tin give notice really past times ingredients for nutrient too fresh vegetables.  Our large repast is commonly our noon repast too a touchstone tiffin volition locomote a large, fresh salad amongst difficult boiled eggs, or beets, or garlic-sauteed asparagus too some form of protein.  Or nosotros volition grill upwardly a squeamish fresh rib-eye too cause got a sweetness white patato too broccoli on the side.  Or I'll whip upwardly some curried chickpeas or a spicy chicken stir-fry.  Food is proficient too plentiful too enjoyable.

Up to 3 times a week, Thaddeus too I volition become to the local flea marketplace too walk a duet of miles some all the tables.  If conditions permits, we'll every bit good bike along the Delaware River Canal too towpath.


Typically we'll become upwardly on the Pennsylvania side of the River too cross over too come upwardly dorsum on the New Bailiwick of Jersey side.  Here's a curt time-lapse of a really pocket-sized department of a ride.


I simply finished reading a Caleb Carr novel called Surrender New York.  He every bit good wrote The Alienist which was turned into a mini-series, which I enjoyed, but I cause got never read the book.  Surrender New York was non really good.  It was filled amongst laughable plot twists too ridiculously unlikely romantic scenarios.  And Carr did something I despise every bit a literary technique...at the halt of a chapter, he'd allude to what would orbit next, almost every bit a teaser..."Little did they know how right their thesis would be."  I notice this form of affair to locomote a lazy author's means of creating a compelling story.

Finally, amongst knitting, you'll greenback that inwards the adjacent chapter I'm working on something exciting too new!  Sorry...that was inexpensive too lazy...but hopefully proficient for a chuckle.  After finishing the final infant blanket, ane of my friends/former coworkers whose newborn boy got a hand-knit infant blanket from me, sent me the next photograph of his not-so-newborn boy belongings the blanket made for him years ago.


It clearly held upwardly well!

Current Knitting

On the heels of finishing upwardly the Heart Baby Blanket, too keeping amongst the subject of all things proficient too lovable, I've decided to outset some other infant blanket.


This is the Teddy Bear Baby Blanket.  It volition locomote similar inwards size (although the private squares are bigger for this graphic, too hence in that location volition locomote fewer columns too rows of bears).  You'll greenback I'm using the same yarn for this blanket...I idea it made a non bad cloth for a blanket.

Related Post

Everything Nice
4/ 5
Oleh