Monday, October 22, 2018

How To Ruin A Retiree's Schedule

 
Spoiler Alert:  For those of you lot all the same inwards the workforce...when you lot retire, you lot schedule gets to a greater extent than hard to manage...not easier.

Structured Time vs. Unstructured Time

Now that Thaddeus as well as I are both retired, our schedules are whatever nosotros desire them to be...kind of.

Obviously our schedules are determined past times factors out of our control...weather, concern hours, demands of solid unit of measurement as well as friends...etc.

But having such an open, unstructured schedule makes it a fleck to a greater extent than hard to schedule fourth dimension alongside others.  I can't tell you lot how many times soul volition ask, when are you lot available to chat...for coffee...to meet...etc.?  How practise I reply to that?  I typically swallow tiffin at noon as well as a lighter repast at 6:00 pm.  I too accept 2 weekly scheduled times I'm booked.

But who's to tell if I desire to become to Costco on Th morning, or become on a cycle ride on Mon afternoon because the weather condition is expected to endure good, or alternative upwardly a majority I accept reserved at the library on Fri morning?

It was then much easier to schedule inwards others inwards my life when I had a block of structured, "unavailable time" due to work.

Don't larn me wrong...I don't missy travel fifty-fifty a picayune bit.  And I am getting to a greater extent than as well as to a greater extent than comfortable alongside an unstructured schedule.  But it sort of reminds me of when soul told me that when a goldfish is released from a confining picayune bowl into a larger tank of water, it volition proceed to swim inside the confines the size of it's onetime bowl (I don't believe this is true, exactly I similar the analogy none the less).



Current Knitting

With an unstructured schedule, you'd intend I could at to the lowest degree brand progress on my knitting.  Alas, alongside the demands of a truthful cat inwards my lap, as well as getting to the terminate of a ball of yarn without roughly other 1 injure as well as ready, I accept done no knitting on the Silky Wool Cardigan sleeve since Monday.

I did practise roughly additional laissez passer on off the Knitted Sheet.


But you lot tin take in that is starting to progress much to a greater extent than slow equally it widens (as I predicted).

Related Post

How To Ruin A Retiree's Schedule
4/ 5
Oleh