Friday, October 5, 2018

Friends Too Wool Too Sheep


On a mutual frigidness too rainy Sunday, I got to pass fourth dimension alongside 2 wonderful friends, run into roughly sheep, purchase roughly yarn too consume roughly barbecue.  I am incredibly fortunate.

Knitting Together

The on-line knitting forums too the Men's Knitting Retreats accept introduced me to roughly of the nearly amazing people.

Yesterday, Hayes too I met upwardly for what has larn an annual get-together at the Garden State Sheep Breeders Festival.

While there, nosotros ran into Han...a friend of Haye's from his fourth dimension inwards Philadelphia too a friend of mine from the retreats (both Hayes too Han accept been to the Men's Knitting Retreats exactly never at the same one!).


The fourth dimension spent alongside these 2 guys made the hateful solar daytime fantastic, exactly I'll post service roughly of the sheep I saw at the festival.






Also roughly of the the things I purchased whilst there.

Aisling Yarns is the rootage booth inwards the rootage barn too similar terminal year, it was my rootage purchase of the day.


I loved the chocolate too chocolate-brown combination of this yarn too stance it would brand a beautiful man's scarf.

Friends of Han too Hayes were at the exhibit from Liverpool Yarns selling their Shetland yarns.  They were then soft too rich I had to purchase some.



I accept no stance what I'll create this this, exactly whatever I do, it volition likely survive mine.  I equally good similar the fact that roughly of the wool was sourced inwards the U.S.A. too all of it was spun here.

Finally, the people at A Good Day for a Cupcake were delightful.  They drew me inwards alongside custom printed post-it notes (who tin resist a cupcake anyway?), exactly they had yarn I couldn't resist buying.


I loved the richness too colorways of these 2 yarns too mean value they'll blend incredibly good inwards a scarf.

Current Knitting

With 2 projects inwards progress too a hateful solar daytime alongside Hayes too Han too sheep, I didn't complete either projection on the needles, exactly I did brand headway.


I did movement the Seven-Up Scarf onto the Lykke needles too honestly, I am knitting faster equally a result.  This needle develop was a real practiced determination for me.


The Seven-Up Scarf uses a dropped run upwardly on the terminal row the expands the length of the scarf too opens upwardly the run upwardly definition, then progress photos aren't real illustration of what it volition await similar when it's finished.



You'll banknote I fifty-fifty made roughly progress on the Knitted Cross Stitch Scarf.  I'm real much looking forrard to showing off this beauty when it's finished.  My approximate is that it volition survive the rootage scarf to sell at my rootage arts and crafts show.

Related Post

Friends Too Wool Too Sheep
4/ 5
Oleh