Tuesday, October 9, 2018

An Apology In Addition To A Whine


Actually, an apology together with 2 whines.  First of all, I wanted to apologize to weblog readers for insulting my postal carrier past times calling her a lazy bitch inwards a blog entry a brace of weeks ago.  Sad to say, it never occurred to me how misogynistic that term is, together with it was lazy together with ignorant of me to role it.

Fine Whines

So outset of all, I cash inwards one's chips on to live annoyed amongst my postal carriers.

This past times Monday, whilst awaiting delivery of yarn (see below), I concurrently saw the postal truck at my mailbox together with got the USPS text maxim it was delivered to my mailbox.  I finished shaving together with ran downward to acquire it.

Not there.

Not on my doorstep.

WTF?!?!

Had it been left inwards someone else's mailbox?  Had it been delivered to i of the neighbors townhouse doorsteps?  Had the carrier scanned it inwards together with and hence forgot to acquire out it?

I went to my side past times side door neighbor's doorstep...not there...neighbor on the other side...not there...next stoop, I noticed a package...looked to honor it was MY packet on her doorstep (addressed completely correctly, btw).

I mightiness genuinely involve maintain to complain to my postmaster...incorrectly delivered postal service has come upward into my box at to the lowest degree i time a week, which hasn't been the instance for years upward until recently.

Second whine...in comments on the weblog entry a brace of weeks ago, Kate left a comment virtually my role of the give-and-take bitch to depict a woman:
I similar your weblog together with involve maintain followed it for years together with I taste the knitting content together with your queer perspective. But I was disappointed to hear you refer to a adult woman every bit a bitch. Perhaps you involve maintain the form of human relationship amongst her where you speak to each other this way, merely putting it on your weblog without context makes you await similar a misogynist. And postal service carriers move really hard. In all kinds of weather. So, yeah, non a fan of that remark. Really disappointed.
I'm hopeful she's every bit opened upward to feedback every bit I am.  I involve maintain a brace of options she mightiness desire to consider when giving feedback similar this:

  1. If you've been next a weblog for years together with taste it, you may desire to reconsider having your first-ever comment live criticism.
  2. If you nonetheless create upward one's hear that your criticism is valid together with you desire to acquire out it later reconsidering, you may desire to shipping a personal electronic mail hence it doesn't await similar populace chiding.
  3. If you nonetheless opt to acquire out populace criticism every bit your first-ever comment, you may desire to frame it inwards a means that makes it to a greater extent than of an chance for educating someone...for example, stating, "You may non live aware that using that give-and-take to depict a adult woman is seen every bit misogynistic..." mightiness involve maintain been a kinder means of phrasing it.
I promise you all know that I am opened upward to criticism together with opportunities for learning virtually myself.  Those who involve maintain read this weblog a long fourth dimension know that I involve maintain made mistakes together with involve maintain sometimes been called to concern human relationship for them. And I'm grateful that Kate pointed out my insulting characterization of women...and I am deplorable for having been hence ignorant.  My unconscious misogyny was non meant to offend.

New Yarn Source!

Doug, i of the Ramkins (newbie at the Men's Knitting Retreats) at this past times May's knitting retreat donated a beautiful cedar sachet to each of the guys at the retreat together with also donated a pattern blueprint to each of the workshop leaders.  I'm e'er amazed at the generosity together with back upward for the retreat.

But picayune did I realize, he also runs an on-line knitting spider web site!

https://www.theperfectblend.online

And I don't hateful to live genderist, misogynistic, or anything else, merely the site has a really masculine experience to it, which appeals to me really much.


I also vicious inwards beloved amongst the colors of to a greater extent than or less of the yarns he carries.


I ended upward ordering to a greater extent than or less on Fri together with was thrilled when it arrived this past times Mon (thrilled when I lastly constitute it on my neighbor's porch!).




My photos suck...those 2 silvery colored hanks are genuinely silvery...they await to a greater extent than white inwards my photo, merely they're lustrous together with I can't hold off to encounter how they knit up.

You know me...when I honor a source for yarn virtually which I'm excited, I e'er desire to part it amongst y'all.

Current Knitting

The Teddy Bear Baby Blanket is finished!




Even though the Teddy Bear squares are a dissimilar size than the hearts on the before blanket, the full finished size of the blanket is the same.  I beloved how these 2 blankets turned out together with promise the babies together with parents volition acquire enjoyment from them.

I started a novel Interlocking Crochet Scarf inwards VERY deep, broody colors (including i of the yarns from The Perfect Blend Online shipment that came inwards on Monday).





It's non quite halfway finished merely I'm loving the popular of gem colors...I can't tell you how happy it makes me to live treatment such visually together with tactilely enjoyable fibers inwards my hand.  I am blessed.

Related Post

An Apology In Addition To A Whine
4/ 5
Oleh