Saturday, October 20, 2018

In Denial - Capacity


Does one's capacity for accomplishing things larn smaller every bit ane gets older, or does ane simply give-up the ghost to a greater extent than realistic nigh what tin forcefulness out live done?

Busy Months Ahead

I know...I know...I'm retired...I should accept tons of fourth dimension on my hands in addition to I used to create all this in addition to to a greater extent than when I was nevertheless working...why can't I larn it all done now?

First of all, my career wasn't honestly that challenging in addition to I could larn most of my function done inward nigh 8 hours of actual function each week.

And since I worked from habitation for the terminal few years, retirement actually solely gave me dorsum 8 hours of fourth dimension each week.

But, since I was anchored to my desk for at to the lowest degree forty hours each calendar week (or at to the lowest degree needed to remain close), I couldn't live scheduled yesteryear Thaddeus to run to Costco or give-up the ghost larn my auto washed on a whim.  So I was dedicated to beingness somewhat productive for a lot to a greater extent than fourth dimension when I was nevertheless WORKING!  Who would accept thought?

These days, I'm getting gear upwards for the Men's Spring Knitting Retreat inward nigh v weeks...it came upwards fast this year.  I'm creating a novel organization associated amongst all of the Men's Knitting Retreats which I'll live announcing soon.  I'm chauffeuring my mom a lilliputian since she's inward a plastic kicking for vi weeks (3 to a greater extent than to go...hopefully her broken leg volition heal every bit fast every bit they estimated).  And of course, I'm blogging, knitting, cranking, spinning...etc.

What's on your calendar?

Current Knitting

I'm upwards to nine inches (lucky man) on the Briar Rose Pullover.


This is going to live ane WARM sweater when it's finished.  I'm nevertheless loving the coloring in addition to I'm nevertheless thinking the "wrong side" looks pretty dandy too.


The pooling of the variegated yarn isn't broken upwards quite every bit much every bit I unremarkably prefer on the other side, but it's a real rich textile that I'm creating...so I volition definitely nevertheless await to brand a sweater that's reversible.

Readers' Comments/Questions

Thank you lot all for the most amazing birthday wishes in addition to particularly the people that went out of their means to write a haiku...thank you lot all.

Also thanks to the folks that posted their thoughts nigh No Idle Hands...now I'm looking forwards to reading it fifty-fifty more.

Related Post

In Denial - Capacity
4/ 5
Oleh