Sunday, October 7, 2018

Recent Acquisitions



As a retiree, my needs bring larn a lot to a greater extent than clear, together with I appear to purchase less of what I crave together with to a greater extent than of what I require.

Ebbs together with Flows of Money

Thaddeus taught me through illustration ii of import things almost dealing amongst money:
  1. Find a mode of living that is satisfying together with don't larn caught upwardly inward the see that to a greater extent than volition larn inward better.
  2. When finances are good, pass on those things yous desire and/or need, when finances are bad, pass solely on those things yous absolutely need.

Two real uncomplicated ideas that bring allowed us to alive a merely satisfying life together with retire comfortably.

Toward the halt of my working years, finances were good, thence nosotros were able to larn many of the things nosotros wanted.  Having acquired items such equally a calculator that would survive sufficient for many years, or a automobile that would terminal for quite a spell worked out good thence nosotros could brand certain that retirement savings would survive sufficient during the outset brace of years of retirement.

So far, it seems we're doing improve than planned...which is what I'd hoped for.

As luck would bring it, I chanced upon this lovely chip of fiber at a local artisan fair spell on opor-garai on Martha's Vineyard.



It's five ounces of Border Leicester roving...the wool was from sheep raised past times the vendorRichard And Carol Tripp Farms) together with it was too hand-dyed past times them.  It wasn't actually a big splurge for me, together with I was extremely satisfied past times supporting a local wool producer.  Plus, it volition spin upwardly beautifully...don't yous think?

I too bring been yearning for a tablet thence that I tin read the tidings to a greater extent than easily than on my calculator or phone.  So nosotros purchased this before this week.



It's a Samsung Tab Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 10.1" tablet amongst a 32 GB microSD carte du jour that comes amongst the "bundle."

With an iPhone together with a laptop, I debated how much I actually needed this together with thence Costco set it on sale for this week, together with it seemed a no-brainer that it was fourth dimension to purchase it.  No, it's non an iPad.  No, it doesn't come upwardly amongst an S-Pen.  No, it's non the 32GB version.  I didn't require whatever of that together with I didn't anticipate that I'd require whatever of that inward the foreseeable future.  It's non austerity measures inward whatever way, but it seems to see that criteria of non exceeding a merely satisfying lifestyle together with finances don't telephone yell upwardly for austerity.

Finally, I too received this inward the postal service from WEBS.


For those of yous following, Franklin has designed a knitted version of his bawdy sheep friend, Dolores together with his famous knitting designer friends bring designed diverse knitted outfits for her to wear.  I programme on owning all of them together with this yarn is the Amy Herzog pattern for Dolores' Fair Isle Pullover (including the lovely parasol to proceed Dolores virgin-white fifty-fifty on sunny days).


I haven't knit Dolores soundless together with won't larn to Amy's pattern shortly either...but I wanted to brand certain I owned it.

Current Knitting

With the Old Shale Wrap having a hank of yarn gone missing, I started a novel Knitted Cross Stitch Scarf.


I am loving this colouring combination.

I too did locate the missing hank of Persimmon Tree Farm together with made a footling to a greater extent than progress on the Old Shale Wrap.





It's a beautiful yarn together with volition brand a gorgeous wrap.  Both projects are knitting upwardly quickly.

Related Post

Recent Acquisitions
4/ 5
Oleh