Friday, October 5, 2018

My Novel Favorite Needles!


I accept honestly gotten tired of reading forums in addition to Facebook groups requesting people's favorite knitting needles.  I accept e'er used Addi Turbos for regular knitting in addition to Karbonz double-pointed for sock in addition to chapeau knitting...and in that place wasn't much I would take away heed to on this subject...my take away heed was closed.

Until...

Back inwards May, in addition to hence a 2nd fourth dimension one-time most a calendar month or 2 ago, I was introduced to Lykke driftwood needles.

Tim Cardy who owns Cardigans Yarn & Fiber Shop inwards Santa Barbara California brought a bunch of at 1 time needles from Lykke to donate to the guys who ran workshops at the retreat.  I was 1 of the grateful recipients, but honestly, I don't role at 1 time needles that often, hence I didn't actually instruct to assay them until before this month.  If y'all similar knitting amongst wood, these are most perfect...silky smooth, lightweight, potent in addition to amongst the perfect drag on my yarn whilst knitting.

Then, Doug Morris who runs The Perfect Blend Online started raving most the interchangeable gear upwards of Lykke Driftwood needles.  Despite how much I loved the experience in addition to the forcefulness of the Lykke at 1 time needles, I was concerned most spending $125 for a gear upwards when I couldn't hold upwards certain that I'd similar other characteristics of the needles (cable flexibility, smoothness of joins, etc.).  When he of late held a site-wide sale, I decided I had to assay the novel gear upwards (and also instruct but about to a greater extent than of the Dragonfly Pixie yarn I love).



Okay, I also got 1 of the cool wristband/measuring tapes he carries.

I loved the novel color of Pixie in addition to I needed to assay out the novel needle set, hence I shape on a novel Knitted Cross Stitch Scarf in addition to I accept been nix but totally impressed.


The gear upwards comes inwards a beautiful representative (I got the umber colored case) in addition to has needle sizes from USA iv (3.5 mm) to USA 17 (12mm). The gear upwards also includes 2 24" cables, 2 32" cables in addition to 1 40"cable, 2 cable connectors (to extend the length of the cables), iv tightening keys in addition to 8 stoppers.

First of all, I role 2 dissimilar size needles for the Knitted Cross Stitch Scarf in addition to I honey the convenience of beingness able to switch out the USA v needle size for the USA thirteen needle size when I take away to create the row amongst elongated stitches.


Second, the joins are really smooth...perhaps smoother than my Addi Turbos.


The rigidity of the cable is also really of import to me.  I take away it to hold upwards somewhat stiff hence I tin motility my stitches along the cable easily without it collapsing (ChiaGoo needles accept limp cables that crusade me nuts) but they can't hold upwards also stiff hence that I'm constantly wrestling amongst the twist of the cable.  These cables are but most perfect.

If y'all ever instruct the peril to assay these needles, y'all should...you'll halt upwards getting a set.  Doug has exclusively a limited seat out of sets inwards the umber in addition to indigo colored cases, hence if that's of import to you, y'all may desire to human activeness to a greater extent than quickly.

Current Knitting

Before the novel Lykke interchangeable gear upwards arrived, I started knitting a Seven-Up Scarf using but about Madeline Tosh yarn I had hanging around.


The Seven-Up Scarf is on Addi Turbos, but since I accept lots of cables in addition to the right size needle tips available inwards the Lykke set, I volition hold upwards converting on the side past times side row!  Isn't that burnt umber color spectacular?

Related Post

My Novel Favorite Needles!
4/ 5
Oleh