Saturday, October 13, 2018

Gay Pride Allies


Longtime knitting friend Carol as well as her miss went to the Philly Gay Pride parade this past times weekend to back upward her oldest boy (and older brother).  It reminded me of how of import the honey as well as back upward of parents as well as siblings are.

Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 Mother's Love

Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 few months afterward my mom industrial plant life out I was gay, my sis tells me most an incident amongst my mom as well as i of her neighbors.  My mom is out chatting amongst a duo inwards a neighboring draw of piece of job solid as well as the human being tells a rather innocuous gay joke.  I don't recollect the joke now, but I recall it wasn't meant to survive hateful, inwards fact I recollect it made me laugh.

My mom replied..."My boy is gay, as well as I detect that joke offensive."

I can't say you lot how proud I was of my mom.  More importantly, it made me realize how critically of import it was for me to accept her honey as well as support.  She wasn't thrilled to know her boy was gay, as well as she struggled amongst it for a while, but her thinking evolved quickly.  A longtime friend of hers reminded her that I had e'er been a skillful boy as well as that hadn't changed.  Having a friend survive supportive of my mom seemed of import inwards her evolution.

Sister Kathy as well as mom
My mom as well as I accept a neat human relationship these days.  She lives a duo of miles from me as well as I'm glad to survive to a greater extent than or less for when our identify unit of measurement gets together or when she needs me for something...like this weekend I'll survive feeding her cat.

Allies...friends...parents...brothers as well as sisters...and fifty-fifty social media friends as well as weblog readers...people you lot tin survive certain of...such an of import purpose of my life.  I'm blessed as well as grateful for all of them.

Current Knitting

It's growing...



Another layer of hearts accept been added on to the Heart Baby Blanket...only 4 to a greater extent than rows of hearts to go.

I similar that this blanket looks skillful on either side...in fact I'm non certain whether I prefer the opposite stockinette pump on a stockinette background...


...or a stockinette pump on opposite stockinette background.


Fortunately, it looks skillful either way.

Related Post

Gay Pride Allies
4/ 5
Oleh