Saturday, October 20, 2018

Reminiscences Of By Lives



Have you lot ever had an inexplicable affinity for something completely exterior your upbringing?  I'd similar to intend these are a lawsuit of influences from past times lives.

Priest, Jew together with Japanese Poet

Being inwards a Catholic church building makes me experience every bit if I accept a psychic connectedness amongst the priest...as if I'm standing inwards his shoes, experiencing each purpose of the majority every bit if I've delivered it hundreds of times inwards the past.  I tin post away experience the pinch of his dark leather shoes together with the demand to adapt the sleeve of the Chasuble every bit I pour the vino together with H2O to laid upwards the sacraments.  As a individual who was raised Catholic, this mightiness hold out natural, together with nix to do amongst reincarnation, but it feels similar to a greater extent than than that.

The showtime fourth dimension I ever participated inwards a Seder dinner amongst Jewish friends of mine, it was similar a tradition I had celebrated for decades.  It was comforting, it was fun...it felt completely natural.  There are times inwards my life when I experience I must accept been raised Jewish inwards at to the lowest degree 1 prior life.

And at nowadays I'm for sure that I must accept been an exceptionally talented Japanese poet inwards unopen to recent past times life.  The same reverence I accept experienced inwards church building together with when thinking nearly Jewish traditions, I at nowadays experience when I read or write Haiku.  In the past, when I accept been asked to write Haiku inwards schoolhouse or at the asking of a social media friend, at that spot was an immediate sense of stillness together with sacred training of my heed that happened...completely unexpectedly...and I carefully crafted the words amongst the exact correct residue of earnestness together with wit.  It was similar an human activeness of love.

And then, a friend of mine gave me this:


Haiku Fuck You past times Josh Myers (The Haiku Champ) is an amazing compilation of awesomeness.  The showtime lawsuit I read straight off cemented my honey for this book:

I'm Really Good At This
I'm thus practiced at this.
Like, I'm actually practiced at this.
Look how practiced I am.

I come upwards to notice out that Josh lives nearby together with plant at the local bookstore (Farley's Bookshop...which is fucking awesome) together with he likewise seems to run a micro press concern amongst a friend named Joe Bouthiette, thus I'm enjoying his vivid work...especially where he uses my name:

Fucking Try Me, Bouthiette
Joe wrote 3 haiku.
I wrote fifteen.  Joe's a nerd.
Now I wrote sixteen.

Clearly 1 of my past times lives I was a dock worker or someone else amongst a potty mouth.  It inspired me:

The Haiku Champ Is Sublime
This volume is perfect.  
I volition cherish it always.
I fucking honey it.

Birthday Request

My 59th birthday is this Wednesday.  Instead of obligatory birthday greetings on my Facebook timeline...or fifty-fifty worse, begging for coin for charity instead of birthday wishes...please experience costless to write me a birthday Haiku...either inwards comments, or on my Facebook timeline.

Current Knitting

The Easter/Passover weekend was a flake busy together with Finn was quite needy, thus I haven't done an enormous sum of knitting.




But I did do unopen to locomote on the Briar Rose Pullover.



I finished the ribbing together with got an inch or thus done on the torso of the sweater.  This is going to hold out 1 soft together with rattling warm sweater.

Related Post

Reminiscences Of By Lives
4/ 5
Oleh