Friday, October 26, 2018

Indie Dyers Appreciation Day


Recently, y'all may bring noticed QueerJoe spider web log entries bring been coming out almost Mondays, Wednesdays in addition to Fridays...but this by Fri I was likewise busy.

I Don't Know How They Do It

Local neighbor, knitter in addition to friend Michael, has been focusing lately on quilting in addition to dyeing cotton wool fabrics...in fact he's doing a lot of pre-work for 1 of his dyeing workshops that seems similar an insane amount of work...but he's incredibly talented at it.




It turns out he had a lot of his mixed dyes left over from about of his exercises, in addition to then he invited me over to dye yarn the concluding brace of days.

Sounded similar a lot of fun, in addition to then I gathered upwards a bunch of my natural handspun...wound it all into hanks in addition to tied it off to produce it for dye baths, in addition to went to locomote inward Michael's workshop.


The results of my locomote are straightaway hanging to dry.


One of my favorites is a stuff "blank" I made amongst my handspun.


I can't expect to unknit it in addition to reknit it to run across how the colors stripe and/or pool.  I also loved a hank of Optim Merino I had from Commonwealth of Australia which I spun upwards dorsum inward 2011.


Don't larn me wrong...I'll never locomote a Suzanne Nelson, or I'll never locomote asked to locomote at Indigo Dragonfly, in addition to truth locomote told, I don't intend I would e'er locomote difficult working plenty to desire to locomote for either...but it was an incredibly educational in addition to fun experiment.

Related Post

Indie Dyers Appreciation Day
4/ 5
Oleh