Thursday, October 25, 2018

Happy Valentine's Day


Since Thaddeus's birthday is Feb 14th, the pressure level is ever high to move both romantic as well as thoughtful for Valentine's Day as well as birthday.

Holiday Birthdays

But it must suck for him every bit well...he has responsibilities on his birthday to me every bit well.

I've ever been glad my birthday isn't on or nigh Christmas...I'd similar to tell my parents planned it, simply amongst vii children inward an Irish Gaelic Catholic family, non much virtually our menage unit of measurement was planned.

But I'm besides glad I don't bring to experience obliged to become out of my agency to demonstrate how much I beloved Thaddeus on my birthday...selfish of me, I know.

Fortunately, this yr I instruct a "baby Finn" bill of fare for VD as well as he got things from me that he liked.

Tonight we'll become out to dinner amongst a practiced friend to celebrate it all.

Current Cranking/Knitting

I've been experimenting amongst novel techniques on my CSM...two novel techniques inward particular.  The start ane is a method of starting a 1x1 ribbed sock that gives the come about selvage border a to a greater extent than uniform look.  It's called Juana's Selvage as well as eliminates the flared come about of a ribbed sock.


The sock cuff on the left was done using a criterion selvage border as well as the ane on the correct is the Juana's selvage.


I'm quite pleased amongst how the novel selvage looks both off as well as on my foot.

The other technique is a agency of "parking" ribber needles when turning the heel then the ribber plate tin move removed during the somewhat tricky procedure of turning a heel.  The technique allows you lot to set your out-of-work ribber needles into the cylinder slot without transferring the sew to a a cylinder needle.


This isn't my machine, simply you lot tin run into the butts of the ribber out-of-use ribber needles sticking upwards from the cylinder slot.  I bring to admit, I persuasion this persuasion was awesome, simply I didn't similar how it worked really well.  Issues amongst yarn snags as well as extricating the latch-hook from the cylinder jump made this a hurting to use.  But I'm even then glad I tried.

I set my novel ribbing selvage technique to role yesterday as well as inward ane day, from start to finish, completed a distich of "Valentine's Day Socks" inward deep red.




With 1x1 ribbing at the top, moving into 3x1 ribbing on the ankle, contrasting heels as well as toes as well as kitchenering upwards the toe as well as weaving inward all ends, I went from a hank of yarn to a distich of socks inward a few hours.  I even then bring to instruct improve at cranking out socks, simply it's getting easier as well as faster every bit I practice.

As for knitting, progress continues on the Silky Wool Cardigan.  I'll post service a photograph inward the side yesteryear side weblog entry.

Related Post

Happy Valentine's Day
4/ 5
Oleh