Thursday, October 25, 2018

Bliss - At To The Lowest Degree Twice A Year



I used to acquire paid bi-weekly, or every 2 weeks (not twice a week).  How come upward bi-annual doesn't hateful every 2 years?

Double the Pleasure

As a child, at that spot was e'er the terminal 24-hour interval of schoolhouse earlier Summer intermission in addition to Christmas.  As an adult, at that spot were the 2 vacations each year...away from move in addition to hopefully someplace sunny. 

These days, my bliss is hanging out alongside twoscore other guys knitting in addition to learning in addition to laughing...and forthwith I acquire to arrive at it bi-annually (semi-annually?)...twice a year.

While I e'er attend the Men's Spring Knitting Retreat each twelvemonth inward May (because I assist create the event), I forthwith volition guide keep the chance to "retreat" alongside other guy-knitters inward September because of a mo outcome at Easton Mountain Retreat Center.  Aaron (of AaronKnits fame) has opened upward a mo Men's Knitting Retreat inward the Northeast at Easton Mountain.

The novel outcome is telephone telephone North East Men's Fall Knitting Retreat in addition to volition accept house Thursday, September 20, through Sunday, September 23, 2018.  It was specifically scheduled for this weekend in addition to then it would coincide alongside the Adirondack Wool & Arts Festival (formerly Southern Adirondack Fiber Festival).  Since the acronym is NEMFK, I affectionately telephone telephone it "Any motherfucker" to hollo back it correctly.

Suffice it to say, I excogitation on registering equally presently equally the outcome opens for registration (slated for Saturday, May twelfth at 10:00 am).  There's e'er a flurry of registrations for novel events when they open, in addition to then I'll hold upward waiting eagerly at my figurer for the "opening bell."

Readers' Comments/Questions

Julie writes, "Okay, Joe, inquiring minds desire to know (or perchance I'm only manifestly nosy) - guide keep yous decided on a toll for the Read Between the Lines Shawl? I cannot hollo back yous struggling through a projection the agency yous guide keep alongside this one. You deserve unopen to compensation for your 'pain in addition to suffering.'"

Like the hurting of childbirth, fourth dimension brings a fiddling perspective to a painful knitting project.  The most hard purpose of this projection was continuing to move alongside colors I wasn't enjoying, in addition to sometimes I only acquire tired of the colors inward a projection in addition to I lose perspective.  I ended upward washing in addition to blocking this projection in addition to equally it was laying out, I grew to similar it more.  At the same time, I got an email from a weblog lurker who loved the shawl in addition to wanted to buy it.  Normally a projection this size, using this lineament of yarn would hold upward priced at $79.  I ended upward selling it for $52 to the reader/lurker alongside the qualifier that in ane lawsuit they saw it inward person, they could provide it for a sum refund.  It should hold upward delivered inside the adjacent 24-hour interval or two.

Current Knitting

I did terminate upward completing the folded hem in addition to mo steal on the Silky Wool Cardigan.




You'll banknote I likewise completed a few to a greater extent than inches on the torso of the cardigan.  As far equally I tin tell, weblog readers were SO right nearly using the Silky Wool...it creates a perfect cloth for a dainty lite cardigan.  Hive-mind wisdom at it's best!

Related Post

Bliss - At To The Lowest Degree Twice A Year
4/ 5
Oleh